Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hating my Night

After riding the train to the Grand stop and preparing to board the bus, I realized that I had left my wallet in my office.

No wallet = no Metro pass = no bus ride

While people crowded past me to board the bus, I relived the moment during which I hurriedly tossed my wallet in my top desk drawer as I dashed upstairs on a bagel run with my office-mate.

Crap, crap, crap.

I had to take the train back to school, sweating bullets at the thought of being accosted and kicked off the train during a random pass check. Fortunately, I made it to the Skinker stop without a problem. Then I just had to trek to my office and back (a 15-minute roundtrip walk) and wait 15 minutes for a train.

Then I had to wait for a bus. I finally got home after stopping for take out at Bahn Mi So #1.

Dinner was good; the talipia spring rolls were especially tasty.

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse when, while collecting dirty laundry to wash, I realized that there were no less than a dozen mosquitoes in the bedroom.

What the fuck?!

Why can't I catch a break tonight? Jesus.

I don't know where the hell mosquitoes are coming from. All the windows are closed now (even though I never had a bedroom one open to being with), and I'm sitting guard, ready to smash more mosquitoes.

The good news...I haven't seen a roach since Tuesday morning. Of course, I imagine that this will the night when a whole herd invades my kitchen.

Wonderful

*sigh*

No comments: