Sunday, October 04, 2009

Getting my Mojo Back

Finally, finally, I feel close to normal. I actually want to do things and get out of bed! Yay!

The change happened late yesterday afternoon after I did a lot of breath of fire in a kundalini mini-set. Coincidence? Maybe not. Breath of fire makes my teeth tingle, so who knows its potential.

Yesterday morning, I barely even wanted to go to the farmers' market! But we pushed on, and I picked up a couple of pumpkins. Later in the afternoon I cooked them and made some pumpkin puree.

So, when I awoke refreshed and ready to go this morning, I made this pumpkin bread recipe. Yum! I came out with 6 muffins and 3 mini loaves:


After Porkchop came home from hockey practice, we roasted the pumpkin seeds. Triple yum! We kept the seasoning simple with salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. I could eat these pepitas all day. Here are the seeds ready to be seasoned and roasted:


Since I was home for two and a half days, I made some knitting headway. Last week, I ripped out the Icarus shawl that had been sitting around unfinished for over a year. Now I'm using the yarn for a Clapotis. Yep, I've finally jumped on the Clapotis bandwagon!


This afternoon I finished the increase section and dropped my first stitch! Here's a close-up, which shows the yarn color better too:


Have a good week! Stay well!

1 comment:

cj said...

I LOVE my clap/did it in silky wool (elizabeth lavold) in the wine color. want to make 70 more, but feel like there are just so many patterns out there and it's silly to make so many of the same.

have been freeforming hats, wristwarmers, and scarves with cable stitches for a bit--now on to make the dna cable scarf (I think).

also baby things. xoxox