Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's That Time Again...

Keetah says Happy Holidays to you!

The other day, I was looking through my posts from three years ago for a recipe, and I noticed that at this time in December 2006, we were baking orange-almond shortbread, orange-chocolate biscotti, chocolate crinkle cookies, and pretzel rods.

Guess what we baked last night? Orange-almond shortbread, orange-chocolate biscotti, and chocolate crinkle cookies. We're taking the pretzel rod supplies to my parents' house and will make them there.

Last night's baking extravangza was exhausting, and I burnt half of the shortbread. Sadness.

This evening we leave for Arkansas, and I'm sure good times will ensue.

I've been knitting things, but they're secrets for now. All I can say is that I'm not finished yet!! Knitting stress!

3 comments:

cj said...

that's what I love about you guys. always following trends and up for adventure while managing to keep traditions. Chocolate gravy this year?

Carrie said...

Actually, yes! I think I'm supposed to make chocolate gravy tomorrow morning.

cj said...

Also--pics of your knit things! I've just started making the WICKED pullover and am in love. I'm so over sewing sleeves in and am refusing to do anything but seamless sweaters these days. LAZY but this way projects get finished.

I had southern fried tofu from the coop tonight for dinner. yummytown.