Monday, November 12, 2007

Random Things

First of all, this is what I had for dinner tonight:

Masaman curry with potatoes and chicken over brown rice. My friend CJ pointed me in the direction of masaman curry paste (or slurry) for easy meal preparation. Yum yum yum! My next curry will use tofu, potatoes, and apples.

Along the food route, here's a shot from Friday night of acorn squash bisque and the beginning of my interlocking balloons scarf:


The bisque is super yummy and super easy. Here's what you do...
  1. Microwave 2 acorn squash for 10-15 minutes each, until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife.
  2. Split the squash, seed them, and scoop out the squash into a bowl.
  3. Saute an onion (diced) in a tablespoon of butter, season with pepper. Saute until the onion is tender.
  4. Add the squash, a 14.5 oz can of chicken or veggie broth, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1/2 tsp fresh) and boil until the squash is tender (about 15 minutes).
  5. Puree the mixture until smooth.
  6. Add 1/2 cup half-and-half and season with pepper.
The interlocking balloons pattern is another story. I think it will be better once I work through a whole repeat.

Other knitting....I finished an adult-sized Utopia hat last week:


It's still a little tight and a little short. I don't know what the deal is.

I also don't know what's up with this:


Why is the quad a construction zone?

Fortunately, the south side of the quad is still pristine. Here's Swallow Hall...where I spent many a long hour doing anthropology stuff:


All for now!

1 comment:

Gracie said...

i think the construction is related to the law school they are building a new fancy building over on that side. at least that was the gossip when i was there this summer.

YAY!!! COMO REUNION SO SOON!!

xoxo