Friday, April 03, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies are Back!

A few weeks ago, I had the urge to make chocolate chip cookies, and I used the recipe my mom always did...the one on the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip package.

Unfortunately, the end result was nothing like I remember! The cookies I made were much too buttery and flat and generally not what I wanted. I still ate them, as did others, but I was so sad and disappointed.

Luckily, I can always count on the Smitten Kitchen to post exactly what I want. I made this recipe last night, and I'm so much happier! The cookies aren't flat, and the butter doesn't overpower the cookie-ness! Next time, I just need to make them smaller and I'll be back in childhood.

Smitten Kitchen writes that this recipe is much more akin to the original Toll House recipe, so I can only surmise that someone messed with the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip package. Stupids!

Anyway, I'm glad to have the chocolate chip cookie back!

No comments: