Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Disgust-o-Rama

So....I was just sitting here in my office, having a cup of 7/8 decaf - 1/8 caf coffee and eating an oatcake.

Out of the corner of my eye, I think I spy an oatcake crumb moving on the napkin. I look again...all crumbs appear stationary.

I think I spy movement again. No way, I think, I must seriously be losing it.

I look more closely.

It is moving!!!

The crumb is, in fact, some sort of little grub worm.

I spit out the rest of the oatcake out and dispose of the remaining one.

Don't Get Me Wrong
I'm not one to get grossed out by the thought of eating creepy-crawlies (unless you're talking about eating live cockroaches - 'cause that's nasty). When I was 12, my sister and I set traps to catch snails and other crawly things, inspired by recipes for crawly things in some cooking magazine that she had. [In case you're wondering, we didn't catch anything...to the delight of our mom, I'm sure.]

But, you see, I did not set out to eat worms today! That was not on the agenda!

Ah well, at least it provided a brief distraction from thinking about Kidney Day.

No comments: