Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Just a Few Things

I've found that I enjoy posting in bullet-point format. So, I will continue. Here are a few recent things of note:
  • Porkchop surprised me at work yesterday with a delivery of plain rooibos tea, oatcakes, and a favorite dark chocolate bar...all from the World Market. Thought I had looked there before for oatcakes. Anyway, my work snack drawer overfloweth. It makes me happy to look at it.

  • We tried to meet a friend of Porkchop's at Square One Brewery last night for dinner (for the friend) and drinks (for all). Unfortunately and fortunately, their kitchen was closed because of a broken water main. That meant we scored the prime outdoor fountain-side table. There was no competition, and the place was quiet in a weird way.

  • I'm going to hear a string quartet play at Tower Grove's Piper Palm House tonight. It's part of the St. Louis Symphony Chamber Concert Series, and it's free. Yay!

  • Knitting Night is back on this week (I think). I will not be knitting, but I will be working with a load of sweaters that I bought at Goodwill last year and felted. Who knows what will happen.

  • My friend J is coming for an extended weekend visit on Thursday. We're going to Chihuly Nights and possibly the Purina Dog Challenge, among other things. Awesome! I also plan on making us go to Bailey's Chocolate Bar because I've been eyeing the drink menu for quite some time.


Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Porkchop said...

YAY! This "Porkchop" person sounds like the greatest. You're so lucky.