Monday, August 18, 2008

Minor Ramblings

I spent a lot of time driving around this weekend, and that makes me very sad. I hate spending time driving around the city, getting angry at people on the highway, and getting pissed off while waiting at lights with long lines.

Also, I often get driving anxiety and get a little dizzy and can't breathe.

****

Amanda's dad had a stent put it in on Friday, so he and Amanda's mom each stayed with us at the end of the week (but on different nights).

We made a great dinner Friday night with the flank steak and a tomato jam-type concoction. I also made a yummy blueberry buckle with berries from Amanda's mom. Amanda followed this up with a hearty breakfast on Saturday using items from Fair Shares: pancakes, the best sausage I've ever had, and eggs.

Also, on Saturday, I finally purchased our new bed and bedroom furniture. The bad news is that it won't be delivered until Wednesday of NEXT week. I am so sick of my mattress, it makes me want to cry. Only 9 more nights on it.

On Sunday, I made more good things with Fair Shares items: a Thai cucumber and peanut salad, and a peanut curry with butternut squash.

It is only Monday, and I can't wait for the weekend again. I also can't wait for this Wednesday because I'm finally getting this mess that some might call "hair" cut. It is so long and awful right now.

You know what else is depressing? I'm trying to work out a menu for a conference in November, and I've found that there is no way I can stay within the proposed food budget of $11,000. Isn't that insane? $11,000 would pay off all of my credit card and student loan debts, and there would be money to spare. But it won't cover food for a stinking conference? This world is so wrong.

But, a Good Thing
Yesterday Amanda said that she wants to make peanut butter cookies this week for a co-worker. I pondered, what would peanut butter cookies be like with chocolate chips? We had these exact cookies today at our school's coffee shop. From Companion! Yum!

Also, last week I was complaining to a co-worker about how I find a particular staff member quite unresponsive and unprofessional and generally hard to work with. The next day found an email stating that said person had left to "pursue other opportunities effective immediately."

And Another Good Thing
Thursday is Amanda's birthday. She will be a very old 29.

No comments: