Friday, August 29, 2008

It's One of those Days

At the train stop this morning, Metro employees were handing out newsletters about upcoming service cuts that will occur if additional funding is not received for 2009.

I was so incensed over the cuts, I stepped onto the wrong train. After the Forest Park stop, I realized I was headed to the airport. Fortunately, the Loop stop isn't a far walk from the university, and I hopped on a #2 bus. If service cuts are put into place, the #2 bus won't come along so conveniently.

Porkchop and I are going to the Mizzou-Illinois battle of the bands tonight. We're taking the #93 to it. If service cuts occur, the #93 will no longer exist. This particular bus route had nearly 150,000 riders during July.

WTF? No trains after 8:00 PM? Reduced train service during peak and non-peak times? Reduced service on the #70 (which had over 360,000 riders in July)?

I'm SO angry. And will be sure to attend one of the Metro info meetings.

Anyway, check out the possible changes yourself here.

I'm also angry about McCain's VP pick. I think it's so lovely that Governor Palin is a member of Feminists for Life. What a gross misnomer.

Blech, blech, blech.

But, overall I'm in a good mood! It's Friday!

1 comment:

EBuz said...

Feminists for Life -- I agree, blech. But at least you can laugh at a group that's so self-hating their motto is "Refuse to Choose."