Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Something that it is Really Irritating Me

I am so tired of being around people who talk about marriage and have no idea they are speaking from a position of privilege.

When they talk about how relationships really change after marriage and the hard work necessary to maintain a marriage and blah blah blah, I just want to say, "thanks for making me feel like my relationship is a crappy hoax."

Apparently, according to these people, Porkchop and I must be stuck in the pre-marriage phase and therefore not really committed or serious about things. And, our relationship must not take any work at all because we're not married.

Marriage, my ass.

Also, next week marks the 8-year milestone for us.

Suck on that, people who make me feel bad.

7 comments:

Bianca said...

oh nooooooooooo i'm sorry people are making you feel bad :-(
8 years? Awesome! yeah... you show them bastards!
Maybe we have the same anniversary. Ours is Oct.9, how about you?
We are going to see HAIR that evening. Love the musical :-)

Carrie said...

Yeah...I'm a tad bitter about this whole marriage crap. *grumble*

Our special day is October 8! We're going to stuff ourselves at Niche.

Porkchop said...

Carrie, I have something to tell you.

Our relationship is actually a crappy hoax.

Sorry to have to tell you this after 8 years.

Carrie said...

Whatever, I guess I'll be dining at Niche alone.

P.S. You're mean.

bek said...

Happy anniversary, crappy hoax or no :) And boo on anyone who makes you feel bad -- hope that you're doing well!

veggielover said...

Congratulations, you two! Also, congrats on the new car as well.

Kathleen O'Connell said...

Oh-wise-ones...8 years is out of my relationship records...you girls rule the school! Crappy hoax? I think not...I bow to my masters [bowing here and my congratulations].