Friday, September 15, 2006

(Don't) Mind the Gap

This is it, kids....

I've always been ashamed by my fondness for Gap clothes. Their jeans actually fit me, and I'm a sucker for little plain shirts.

But no more.

I wish I could say that I finally became fed up with their sweatshop labor policy, but it's actually the Gap credit card that has sent me over the edge.

We didn't receive a Gap bill in July or August. We're always on top of our finances, but we've had a lot going on over the summer, what with our move, job searches, and whatnot. So, when we didn't receive a bill, we assumed we had a zero balance. Because Gap doesn't send a statement if you don't have a balance.

Okay, fast forward to September when we finally receive a statement with 3 months of late charges!! (P.S. We received a bill in June at our new address, so that wasn't the issue.)

ACK!!

I was going to call up the customer service people soon anyway, but I received a call from their collections department last night.

I can't go into the details here without becoming super-angry again, but let me just say:

WE DID NOT RECEIVE A BILL FOR TWO MONTHS!!

What the freakity-fuck?! And now they're going to slap us with late charges and give me a mark on my credit report.

BASTARDS!
BASTARDS!
BASTARDS!

Of course, the guy on the phone was like, "Well, if a bill isn't delivered to you, we receive it back from the post office, but we have no record of receiving a returned bill from you."

And then I say: THAT'S BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SEND US ONE!!!!

BASTARDS!

Also, I should add that, until this month, you couldn't pay your bills online or anything like that. So, if you didn't receive a bill, you couldn't just go online and take care of it. And, if you pay over the phone, you get charged a $10 service fee.

Not Alone
We're not the only ones with this story, my friends. Do a Google search for Gap card complaints, and you will find people relating this same story over and over. And over.

It seems that Gap, or perhaps more appropriately, Monogram Bank of Georgia, doesn't like to send people their bill.

What I Have to Say
Gap (and Banana Republic/Old Navy): HATE YOU!! Take your sweatshop-made, over-priced clothes and shove it!

Monogram Bank of Georgia: HATE YOU!! I know your out-sourced customer service reps won't help one bit. So you can shove your shoddy billing practices and poor customer service!

Will this Help Get the Word Out?
Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card Gap Card

Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia Monogram Bank of Georgia

Thank You
Dear readers, for your patience. Also, stand in solidarity with me and cancel your Gap card! And tell them it's because they've screwed me over!

BASTARDS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not right. Don't show Keetah.

http://www.yumlum.com/galleries/knitwear/knitwear_art.htm

cj

Anonymous said...

how to you cancel. i got a card and i want to cancel it but dunno how.. do you just call them? i've heard that it takes forever to talk to someone on the phone..

Carrie said...

Yes, call the customer service line printed on the back of the card to cancel.

While I've only had to call customer service a couple of times regarding address changes, I don't recall having to wait very long. Calling during off-peak hours probably helps.

I won't let a long wait time keep me from canceling....once I pay off the stupid late charges and my balance (grrrrr!).

Anonymous said...

This happened to us too. No bill for 3 months, and my wife received a couple voicemails that said nothing but "call this #", and that # immediately asks for your SSN. Yeah..really gonna give that out to some random phone call?

She finally answered one and the call was inaudible and dropped, and they didnt call back. I tried calling their # and their automated voice system didn't work. I can't even cancel the card!

Ours are with GE Money Bank. Think we're just going to cancel every store card we have to avoid this nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ubabypovuz.o-f.com/madynok.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life