Thursday, August 02, 2007

Workplace Ergonomics

This afternoon I had an evaluation done on my workstation's ergonomics.

The result...I will be receiving a new chair sometime in the next 2 months and a footrest.

Sure, you probably think this is boring, but I CANNOT WAIT for a new chair. I should have scheduled this ergo eval when I started, but I didn't find out about it until a couple of months ago. I HATE MY CHAIR. It is literally a pain in the neck and back. I hope I get to set fire to it when the new one arrives.

I was also told to schedule an eye exam, and I have. Not just because I was highly recommended to do so, but because I think I might actually need glasses. By the end of the workday, my eyes are so tired.

I kind of hope that I need glasses because maybe then I can get a Missouri driver's license. I put off getting a new license as long as I can because the eye test is always so embarrassing. Maybe glasses will help. I used to be convinced that it was the machines, but maybe it IS me.

No comments: