Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Veggie Things

I've been stressing out about my tomatoes and other garden things, so I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Porkchop spotted these guys today:

Maybe I will have tomatoes for real this year!!

I also love looking at this little delicata squash and its unpictured mate. Correction: this is just the ovary...not an actual squash. Let's not get too excited.


Our squash plants are NUTS.

On the tomatillo front, so far there is only a single real one:


But I'm not too concerned, as tomatillos are known to have lots of empty husks, and then BAM, you're drowning in the suckers.

Speaking of BAM, this week's Fair Shares pickup was huge: ground beef, tortilla chips, sundried flour tortillas, salsa, cheese, collard greens, bok choy, broccoli, zuchinni, yellow squash, garlic scapes, chives, eggs, lettuce, and strawberries. And we bought a little bag of Billy Goat potato chips, which holy crap, that was the best $2 we've spent in a long time.

No comments: