Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My CoMo Visit

Yesterday morning, I excitedly set out for Columbia to visit K&B and J. The visit started off well with an excellent brunch/lunch. K&B made their always-delicious breakfast potatoes and an egg scramble with avocado, red bell pepper, tomatoes, and goat cheese. Additionally, we juiced beets, carrots, oranges, and ginger - my favorite juice combination! Yay!

K&B also gave me a very lovely necklace (from Poppy) that is the perfect length for v- and slit-neck shirts. I'll have to get my act together and post a picture of it.

The afternoon was full of futon-shopping; admiring K's new (and first) tat; listening to K's report of the NWSA conference; visiting BP (who has things posted on Etsy; see the No She Didn't link of the side bar); enjoying a fudge brownie concrete from Shakey's, er, Shake's (K was brilliant enough to ask them for extra fudge brownie, so I was happy); having arts & crafts time, for which J joined us; and talking. Before I left, we had another excellent meal. B loves the potato, and she knows her to make a mean garlic mashed potato....mmmmmm. We also had corn on the cob, grilled seitan, and a lettuce and tomato salad with goat cheese.

Sigh, I didn't want to leave so soon, but I had to get back to STL. It was a great little visit...the only thing lacking was more cuddle time!

Although K&B move to Chicago soon, I'm glad to be closer to Columbia. I definitely look forward to visiting J again and these other places:

Main Squeeze. Best vegetarian place I've ever been to.
Ragtag Cinema. The indie movies, the hipsters, the memories.
Uprise Bakery (no website). Yummy potato knishes, sandwiches, soups, and baked items.

No comments: