Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Good for a Chuckle

The longer you have a blog, the more people find you through weird searches. My recent favorites:
  • cavity filling numbness

  • cat eating ribbon

  • Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast Tea

  • group interviews at H&M (Note: I have no idea why this pulled up my blog)

  • Luna bars Shop-n-Save (From St. Louis, no less)

  • is doing yoga at night good (Is it ever bad??)

  • numb in right foot for 3 days (Hmmm...you might consider visiting a doctor...just a thought.)


And then, there are the bug searches. This must be high bug time for everyone. We've got:
  • house centipede st. louis (I feel you, buddy!)

  • new bedroom centipede like bug but not a house centipede (Sounds scary!)

  • bugs in basement, basement bugs, and other variations

  • bugs, house, bathtub


What, am I the only person who writes about house centipedes and other such bugs?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Point those bug haters to:

www.whatsthatbug.com
really good stuff!

BD

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

how do you figure out how people are finding you?

Carrie said...

Good question!

I use a stat counter - invisible, so you don't actually see the counter on my page (yeah, I'm sneaky like that) - from www.statcounter.com. The website generates the code that you insert into your blogger template. And, the basic level is free.

As long as people have their cookies enabled, I can track visits. Yeah, creepy, eh?

Carrie said...

Wait, I just went to your blog. You have a sitemeter...so, you just have to look at the By Referral page.

For Google searches, it will read something like, www.google.com/search and then the search terms. For example, on your Site Meter page, I see an entry on your last page that was a search on "seth magosky."

So, you just have to look for the Google or Mozilla or whatever searches and piece together the search term.