Friday, July 13, 2007

I Love Optimus Prime

Porkchop and I went to see the Transformers movie last night with her brother.

I should add that I kind of begrudgingly went. Yeah, I know you probably wouldn't guess it, but I am so not a fan of movies like Spiderman, Superman, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and so forth.

So, surprisingly, I really enjoyed Transformers. Yeah, it was a tad long and could have used another round in the cutting room, but I didn't find myself bored or thinking about other things at all.

Because, you know, it's cars and trucks turning into giant autobot things and defending Earth! What is there to not love about that?

Also, I *heart* Optimus Prime. My brother had Optimus Prime when we were kids, and he would never let me play with it. I would beg my brother to take Optimus Prime off the bookshelf from which he stood guard over my brother's room and PLEASE turn Optimus Prime into a truck (or the reverse).

So...a surprise endorsement of the movie from me. Crazy!

No comments: