Thursday, July 05, 2007

Not Even 30 and my Brain is Mush

Okay, first, before I forget, thanks to all for your kind compliments on my scarf. Remember, you will soon be able to bid on it at the Boob-Ha-Ha site. I promise to finish it before any money changes hands. Promise!

The pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Although I haven't seen anyone posting the pattern online, it might be out there (it's a very easy pattern of increases and decreases). Oh, there's also an entire knitalong blog devoted to the scarf pattern (here).

Speaking of forgetting things, it seems that I woke up today, the eve of my 29th birthday, with a head full of porridge.

Porkchop and I are joking that I've suddenly turned into her, but it's not funny, kids, not funny at all.

After a few chores this morning, I visited Porkchop at the UPS Store with lunch in hand. I would have arrived earlier, but I couldn't quite remember how to get to the shopping center. The old Carrie would have either looked it up on Google maps before heading out or would have called Porkchop early in the trip. The nearly-30 Carrie instead called Porkchop frantically yelling, "Am I supposed to take this exit that I am now passing!!? Crap!!"

At the UPS Store, Porkchop asked me if I had read the article that she had emailed earlier that day. I said, somewhat blankly, "Yes."

"Yes, I read an article this morning that you sent. It was interesting.....but I can't remember what it was about. It was relevant to something....hmmmm...."

This surprised Porkchop, as I am usually like, "Yes, I read that. And also, did you read this or hear about this as well? So-and-so says this, but I think this. blah blah blah."

After the UPS Store, I went to the bank and then drove straight home. When I was recounting the rest of my afternoon to Porkchop, I was able to remember the bank, but I couldn't recall if I had made any other stops on the way home. Scary.

Finally, tonight, I asked Porkchop if she knew where the tape measure was. Not only did I mumble my question (classic Porkchop), but the tape measure was right in front of me!

What's happening??!!

Maybe it was the Fireworks
Maybe I inhaled too many firework fumes last night at Porkchop's parents. We drove to their house yesterday afternoon and picked up a few fun fireworks on the way.

In between eating two ginormous meals, I knitted. Here is my Country Living shot:



Porkchop's parents recently acquired a puppy. He's half chihuahua-half papillon, weighs two pounds, and is named Oliver. Here he is with Porkchop:





Before we left on our trip, we worked some more on getting the apartment in order. Porkchop put up our sculptures by Ryan Meyers and some framed things. The living room is a more welcoming space now.



OH, ALSO, this is quite exciting:



Other Excitement
I have quite a few presents to open tomorrow. I don't know what all of the packages could possibly be.

After present-opening and other leisure activities, we will be dining at Niche. I can't wait!

Our friend KT is going to stop over on her way back to Chicago. I haven't spent a birthday with KT in a LONG time, so there is extra excitement.

Hmmm....I'm sure that, with my mushy brain, I forgot something important in this post.

OH YEAH, this is my 200th post! Yay!

Have a great Friday!

4 comments:

veggielover said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You share the day with my dad. I'll raise a forkful of his Splenda'd diabetic birthday cake in your honor.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! I love the puppy. You and Porkchop are the cutest as always, and I love this blog.

kisses.

cj

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! May this be a great year.