Monday, January 29, 2007

About those Brownies

Here's the brownie recipe that I mentioned yesterday. Although I was at first skeptical about these brownies - I mean, nothing can beat my mom's recipe - they turned out really well. You just have to wait for them to cool and firm up.

This morning, I bagged a nice little brownie for each of us (Porkchop and me) for a treat later. Porkchop was initially upset that I gave her such a small (regular) square, but then she couldn't eat the entire thing in one sitting. So it was a good thing. Of course, keep in mind that Porkchop is a chocolate wimp.

I'm not posting a picture of these brownies because they're plain old brownies. Nothing exciting to see here, folks.

CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
1 2/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, broken into pieces
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Microwave sugar, butter, and water in large, microwave-safe bowl on high for 4-5 minutes or until mixture bubbles, stirring once (or heat the mixture in a medium saucepan). Add baking bars, stirring until melted.

Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Gradually stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking pan.

Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

Makes around 2 dozen...depending on how you cut the brownie.

Enjoy!

No comments: