Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Keys

I just saw a maintenance person wearing a veritable scarf of keys. Hundreds of keys on multiple rings slung over his shoulder! It was beautiful, and I wish I had a picture of it.

It reminded me of This American Life's "The Super" episode, which I listened to last night. It was really good. I'll have to re-listen to it later because I was reading while listening, and that can be difficult for me. I end up only catching half of both things.

Porkchop and I have both finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I found it bitterly delightful. Oskar Shell is one of my favorite people ever. Also, I like how even Oskar is relevant to my "Keys" post.

Last night, while listening to TAL and multi-tasking, I tried leaving a comment on a certain blog. I failed the word verification security feature a total of 4 times! Is it just me? Is something wrong with my laptop's keyboard (to tie to this post)? I ended up having to use the accessibility option, and I somehow managed to listen and type in the recorded numbers correctly.

This is not the first time I've failed a word verification multiple times. Since this feature is used to screen out spam robots, I'm starting to think I am perhaps a robot. A robot who can't use a keyboard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one hundred dollars

Carrie said...

yay! thanks!

That makes my boots lighter.

Anonymous said...

Do you have coffee ice cubes? Exactly.

Also--I think the scene with his therapist is perhaps the best in the book. Except the end. When the book finishes, you just sit there a minute until the tears start. And don't really stop. Because you start to understand something about love.