Sunday, January 28, 2007

Celebrity Sighting

This afternoon, Porkchop and I made a trip to Trader Joe's. While I braved a busy aisle to pick up pizza sauce, Porkchop waited by a beer display.

Fighting a crowd, I emerged from the aisle to see Porkchop speaking to a stranger, saying, "Yup, I'm the kidney donor."

Turns out, the stranger was a regular reader of Porkchop's kidney blog and recognized Porkchop from her pictures. Crazy!

That wasn't the only exciting thing that happened this weekend...

Ice Festival
On Saturday, we headed out to St. Charles to see the ice carving going on at the ice festival.

We saw a lot of standard nature scenes....like...

...bird, fish, and bear...



...and, horse versus bear...



We also saw some different things...like...

....a dog on skis...



...and a surf scene...



All in all, it was a nice outing. We especially enjoyed the little wood fire stoves stationed on each block. Also, we had lunch at a place serving chicken and dumplings as a special...I had been craving just that a few days ago.

Most of all, we just enjoyed being out of the apartment.

After the ice festival, we went to a mall, where I made a huge buy-nothing month transgression at the Limited. I couldn't resist pants and a nice green cardigan for 40% off!

Today
We started our day with yoga. Yay!

After that and a bit of lunch, we did our grocery shopping rounds. At home, we made chocolate fudge brownies. Since I'm too lazy to take a picture or retrieve the recipe right now, I'll post those later.

We also made a pizza. Yum yum yum! We made our own pizza crust and topped it with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and pesto. It was one of the best pizzas I've ever had.



My mom gave us the baking stone a few years ago, and this was our first time to use it. I want pizza every weekend now! So good.

Knitting
I had to call another knitting break this weekend. The nerves in my right index finger are going crazy...I just have random pain in it. Since I'm constantly touching my needle tips with my right index finger, knitting really really hurts.

So I'm taking another break.

Blech.

On that note, must go since typing is also painful.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Porkchop said...

Okay... so it was more like I was standing by the beer display and this woman stops her cart right next to mine and starts screaming at the top of her lungs:

OHMYGAWD... OHMYGAWD!

I thought she was just really excited about the beer display but I glanced over and she was looking right at me and smiling and then she said:

You're THE Kidney Donor!

As if I'm the only person that ever donated a kidney.

Crazy.

Anonymous said...

I love this story so so so so so much. Because I just know that I would be that lady, even if I don't really like to admit to it.

cj