Tuesday, May 08, 2007

52 Minutes Later

I was finally able to convince the Motorola customer service rep that our modem's ethernet port is bad. We should be back on-line at home in 3-5 business days. Finally.

Food
I really want pad thai with tofu from Bangkok Gardens in Columbia. I don't consider BG seriously "authentic" Thai food, but I love their pad thai. Way back when, I lived just a few blocks down Ninth Street from the original location. Porkchop and I ate there A LOT.

For a while, one of the BG co-owners lived across the hallway from me. He was a bit creepy for reasons that I won't say. I also won't say what this guy obviously spent most of his money on because these things might be considered slanderous or something like that. Also, maybe you know this guy and you think I'm being mean.

Anyway, I haven't been to BG since they moved. I can't imagine it's quite the same. I mean, I guess you no longer get to have a beer and hang out in Ninth Street Deli while you wait for a table.

Work
I'm going crazy over another conference! This one is out of the country and involves three other organizations. Needless to say, it is difficult to just send out an email requesting hotel check-in/out dates from people. This morning I was told to send the email, and then two hours later I was told to wait until tomorrow. Grrrrr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Bangkok Gardens. I don't want to know what horrible things are going on in the personal lives of the people who work there. Loved them. I wonder if they still let people sign their name on the wall if they eat a 10.