Tuesday, May 22, 2007

If I'm Dreaming, I must be Worried

Hi!

I just got off from my lovely morning conference call. I only say about 2 minutes worth of dialogue, yet I stay on the phone and listen for 50. *grumble*

Last night, I had a new apartment bad dream....

The apartment had horrible carpeting throughout (instead of just the small bedroom).
The kitchen flooring was peeling, revealing 3 layers of previous flooring.
The previous tenants had left all sorts of junk for us to clean up (in reality, there are no previous tenants).
One of my college roommates and her boyfriend were hanging out in the apartment (in this case, this was bad).
The apartment was in a super-scary part of town with burnt out buildings and creepos lurking on corners.

*sigh*

3 comments:

Caro said...

I know that apartment!! It was the bedsit I first rented in the shonky part of town after moving out from home at 17. A woman was killed with an axe at the nearest fish & chip shop and sirens were a regular background noise the 2 years I lived there. Actually, I kinda liked it. Being close to work it was the hub of Friday BYO drink-fests for everyone and there wasn't too much furniture to damage when the lads got a bit tipsy.

I'm certain you and Porkchop will make a lovely home when you move. After all, home is where the heart is. Good Luck!

Carrie said...

Yikes! An axe murder?!

I do, however, quite like the word "shonky" and will try to implement it into my everyday vocabulary.

Porkchop said...

I'm sorry I keep telling people that our new apartment is on the wrong side of the tracks. I didn't really mean it.

But you know what they say about the State streets...