Monday, May 07, 2007

Still Off-Line

So, we still can't connect to the Internet at home! GRRRRR! GRRRR! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Apple gave us a newly refurbished Airport Express and I bought a new ethernet cord, but now it seems the modem's ethernet port is bad. Unfortunately, the Motorola people would not believe me last night when I called their customer service line - they tried to say that it was possible that both my laptop port AND the Airport Express port are bad. Ha! We have now tested our iMac port with the modem (no luck), and I connected my laptop to my school's network without any problem. So, take that Motorola customer service reps! You will be hearing from me tonight!

I am so so so tired of these Internet problems.

I am also tired of not feeling well. I feel okay today, but it's a fake, medicine-y okay. On Saturday, my right nostril closed up COMPLETELY. It was horrible! I now have a steroid nose spray and the generic Allegra. For the first time in a few days, I am breathing freely. But, I know it will start to wear off this evening.

Enough about my health problems, let's move to our cat's problems. On top of Internet and sinus/allergy yuckiness, Keetah woke us up at 4:00 am with puking noises. Actually, I had to go to the bathroom, and then I heard her making weird noises. After staying up with her for about 45 minutes and witnessing her go through vomit motions twice, Porkchop only found a few small puddles of liquid in the other bedroom. Since Keetah was prancing around and demanding to be petted, we figured she was okay.

This morning, as I was rushing out the living room to catch my bus, I stepped in a puddle of cat vomit. Ewwww! Luckily, I had shoes on. I think Porkchop once stepped in a puddle while barefoot. Anyway, then I noticed the vomit on the couch and the stuff out in the hallway. Poor Keetah.

I am afraid that maybe she ate some ribbon attached to a balloon that Porkchop received during her kidney donation. It is a long story and it's my fault. Anyway, we hope that Keetah is okay and that the ribbon hasn't wrapped itself around her colon. If she is still acting off-character, we'll take her to the vet.

So, between all of these things, I haven't felt like thinking about moving. Must consider scheduling moving help and packing boxes and changing addresses and switching utilities over. Groan.

No knitting progress has been made, and I haven't made my poundcake yet. Murrr.

Here's to a better week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do cats love to eat ribbon? Garofalo will dig in the trash to get ribbons, eat them, puke a little, and poop the entire ribbon out later. weirdo. I'm finally getting over a cold now too and Katie had bronchitis last week and is now better.

Miss you guys!

-bd