Monday, June 11, 2007

A Few Things

I didn't make it to Local Harvest yesterday because washing 3 sets of mini-blinds required more time than expected (two hours instead of 45 minutes).

They were very dirty. Very, very dirty. Also, I forgot to take into account the time required to set up the washing area, the time to pry out reluctant blinds from their mountings, the time to scrub every individual slat, and the time to lay them out to dry.

The rest of Sunday was spent grocery shopping, trying to return keys to Home Depot (fruitlessly, because they were out of key type 66), and cooking.

I'm sore from the blind scrubbing and from yoga. Every time I tell someone that I do yoga and they say something like, "oh, that must be so relaxing," I want to spit in their eyes.

Yes, yoga can be relaxing as you go through the different poses, but it is also hard. HARD. My ass is sore from various lunge series, and my abs burn a bit.

Seriously, what do people think? That yoga means rolling around in a field of daisies while listening to some pan flute music?

Anyway, I'm in one of my rare bad moods today.

Also, my right hand has been tingling since this morning. I'm worried that it's indicative of some neck nerve issues.

*grumble*

I hope your Monday is better than mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG: That yoga means rolling around in a field of daisies while listening to some pan flute music?

Why, yes! Just this morning I enjoyed a lovely roll around in a Gerber daisy field as James Gallaway played just next to me. And I feel wonderful, relaxed, and not sore at all! Yoga is my favorite.

Ok. Really I'm in Atlanta at a conference and used the hotel treadmill this morning to eke out two 11 minutes miles. My quads are owie.

See you soon! I've just discovered really horrible TV: MTV's underage and engaged.

cj

Carrie said...

Oooohhhh...I love Gerber daisies! So lucky!

But, running...not so much. I tried to like running, but I just can't. Good for you, though. Yay!