Monday, June 25, 2007

Plugged In

Porkchop and I recently purchased new cell phones for a couple of reasons...we were tired of our Iowa area code (319 is a lot like 314 and lots of people don't pay attention or they think the 9 is a mistake) and our phones were starting to fall apart.

Even though we don't have iPhones just yet, we have one that plays mp3s. I haven't used this feature yet because all of our music files are on the desktop computer, which isn't hooked up and I'm too lazy to reload CDs onto my laptop.

I am, however, all about the FM radio on my phone. I can't tell you how nice it is to once again listen to NPR on my way to work. Even though the news is usually depressing, it's better than having to talk to the creepy guy on the bus.

Yes, I was stuck sitting next to Mr. Creepy again this morning. But, instead of acknowledging his hello, I kept my head turned and attentively listened to NPR. I love headphones/earpieces/whatever. I have something in my ears! Can't hear you! Will not acknowledge your presence!

So, I love my new phone.

I never thought I would say that.

I also never thought I would wear a phone headset, but it is terrific! Yay for hands-free talking!

1 comment:

Porkchop said...

YAY! I'm glad you like the new phones that I picked out for us. Just wait until our fancy phone skins arrive.

There will be no stopping us then!