Sunday, June 24, 2007

Saturday Sweatiness

Our apartment now has two window air conditioners. There's a small one in the bedroom courtesy of my parents (it's one that I used while in college) and a larger one in the dining room provided by the apartment owner.

Previously, the bedroom was hot and miserable; now it's the cool refuge in the whole apartment. The larger one in the dining room isn't working so well now...which makes for a very hot apartment. The kitchen is never pleasant, but at least the dining room and living room used to be tolerable. Someone is supposed to take a look at it tomorrow...I hope this person doesn't think I'm stupid. The unit puts out cool air, but it isn't cold enough anymore to cool off those two rooms.

Anyway, the point of this is that yesterday, after morning yoga, I decided to continue being sweaty and gross and did things like hang up pictures in the hot rooms, take out the trash, and make baked rosemary-garlic chicken.

Even though I had to suffer with the oven on 375, the chicken was fabulous. I think it was extra tasty because the rosemary came from our plant. Here's a pic:



The salad you see was also tasty. It's couscous with spinach, basil, green onions, and pistachios. The basil also came from our own plants.

I can't wait for our tomato plants to spring forth with fruit. I'm looking forward to lots of tomato and basil dishes.

Okay, so my schedule for today looks like:
  • Yoga or other exercise.

  • Buy kitchen cart from Weekends Only Furniture. I haven't written about our woes concerning kitchen carts because it's boring. I'm glad to have found some locally that won't be damaged during shipping and can be easily returned if they contain incorrect parts. A kitchen cart is necessary because we still have a few boxes of kitchen items and no where to put them.

  • Go to a coffee shop and read and/or do internet things.

  • Go to Six Flags. Today is Family Appreciation Day (family, as in Six Flags workers' families). Since it seems no one else will use these tickets, I'm going to go in the late afternoon. Porkchop and I will be able to ride a few things after she finishes drawing at 7:00. In the hours between 4:00 and 7:00, I will hang out at the caricature booth. I'm looking forward to watching Porkchop do some caricatures, but I don't look forward to having be around other people at Six Flags.


All for now! Have a great Sunday!

No comments: