Friday, August 04, 2006

Just a Regular Workday....

...except, at 9:30, I witnessed one of the scientists here eat a 9x13 cake in 10 minutes.

How this event came about, I'm not certain. But I think idle chatter turned into a challenge.

I feel like I should be impressed, but I'm really just sickened. Food should be enjoyed slowly, even if it is a cake made from cake mix with store bought icing. Also, I don't want to think about the amount of sugar and other refined goodies that the guy consumed.

Ugh.

Another Gross Thing
I'm experiencing some sinus problems today. When I develop sinus pressure, my right eye squeaks. This usually happens when I touch the area around my eye, but lately, it has been squeaking on its own, like when I look out of the corner of my eye. And it's not a little squeak; it's quite audible to others in my vicinity.

When this condition develops, I like to get really close to Porkchop and rub my eye on her.

Non-Gross Things
After work today, I'm going to the art museum with Porkchop and her niece. The museum is always free, save for the special exhibits; but on Fridays, those are free as well. Awesome. We're looking forward to seeing the Remote Viewing exhibition.

At some point this weekend, I hope to make it to my local yarn shop. It will be my first yarn-buying trip in St. Louis (actually, I tried to go to the same store once when visiting, but it was closed). Of course, nothing will ever measure up to Lakeside Fibers, not in my mind anyway.

Have a good Friday and a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were going to make a top ten things I like about you, eye squeaking would definitely be on the list. Good thing I only thought about making the list today, or I'd have to bump some other fabulous characteristic to number 11. Eye squeaking? Really?